From 1966-1977, only 20% of Srila Prabhupada’s disciples were initiated by Srila Prabhupada personally. The other 80% of his devotees were initiated by his appointed ritvik acharyas on Srila Prabhupada’s behalf. If a Srila Prabhupada disciple is only a devotee personally initiated by Srila Prabhupada, then only 20% of the devotees are actual Srila Prabhupada disciples, which is of course total nonsense!
Srila Prabhupada gave disciples their initiated names by mail, and the ritvik acharya initiated his disciples on Srila Prabhupada’s behalf.
I traveled with Srila Prabhupada as his bodyguard from 1973 thru 1976 in North America. I was also fortunate to be able to associate with Srila Prabhupada in all the temples we were in, during the midnight hours, when Srila Prabhupada was translating his books.
I spent more time physically with Srila Prabhupa than all his servants or secretaries did.